Pluto-ma Nesia 30

 30. On Parole

        _30. Akorda Promise


We were all wakened...by a clear, hearty voice hailing us from the margin of the wood:
_Panto na pa gene vigi kausa klari, alegro voka; qi dice saluta a na ex dendro-fa margina. 

"Block house, ahoy!" it cried. "Here's the doctor."
_Id dice fo-sont, "Bloka domi, saluta! U medika es ci."

"Top o' the morning to you, sir!" cried Silver...
_Silva dice fo-soni, "Plu maxi boni ra de matina a tu, andro!"

"We've quite a surprise for you too, sir," he continued... The very same Jim as ever was..."
_An du dice, "Na habe alegro subito pro tu, andro. Veri Jim auto."

A moment afterwards he had entered the block house and with one grim nod to me proceeded with his work among the sick.
_An pa ki ad-in domi po mo minuta, e po mo tristi kefa signi a mi, sti ergo de se inter plu pato-pe.

"Well," he added after he had dosed them round and they had taken his prescriptions... that's done for today. And now I should wish to have a talk with that boy, please."
_Po-kron an pa dona narko-ma a panto mu, e mu pa gene plu komanda de an, an pa dice plus, "Boni, u-la ra habe fini nu-di. Difere-co mi volu habe u dice kon u-la ju-an - mi dice tali petitio."

Silver... went on... "Hawkins, will you give me your word of honour as a young gentleman--for a young gentleman you are, although poor born--your word of honour not to slip your cable?"
_Silva pa du dice, "Hokin, qe, tu fu dona promise de juve honora-an a mi - ka tu es juve honora-an anti pove nati - honora promise de se; tu ne fu akti fugi?"

I readily gave the pledge required.
_Mi pa dona nece promise akorda volu.

"Then, doctor," said Silver, "you just step outside o' that stockade, and once you're there I'll bring the boy down on the inside..."
_Silva dice, "Po-co, medika, tu ki ad-extra u-la dendro-ma mura. Mi fu moti ju-an ad in-latu po; mu es la."

We advanced across the sand to where the doctor awaited us on the other side of the stockade...
_Na pa ki trans arena a loka; lo qi u medika; lo difere latu de mura, akti atende pro na.

"So, Jim," said the doctor sadly, "here you are. As you have brewed, so shall you drink, my boy..."
U medika pa dice tristi, "Seqe-co, Jim, tu es ci. Tu nu gene plu ra; tu pa sti, ju-an."

I said... "I should have been dead by now if Silver hadn't stood for me... what I fear is torture..."
_Mi logo, "Mi sio pa lose bio pre nu-tem, si Silva ne dona auxi a mi. Anti-co mi este fobo; mu fu akti noku anti mi."

"Jim," the doctor interrupted... "Whip over, and we'll run for it."
_U medika pa sto dice de mi, "Jim, tako a ci! Po-co mi fu akti fugi."

I replied... "Silver trusted me; I passed my word, and back I go. But, doctor, you did not let me finish. If they come to torture me, I might let slip a word of where the ship is, for I got the ship, part by luck and part by risking, and she lies in North Inlet..."
_Mi pa reakti, "Silva pa este fide per mi. Mi pa dice honora promise, e debi ki versi. Anti-co, medika, tu ne pa lase; mi dice panto-ra. Si mu fu akti noku a mi, mi fu posi dice uno-ra de loka; lo qi u navi es, ka mi pa gene navi per mero ex okasio e per mero ex risko. Seqe-co id es lo Nordi In-lo."

Said Silver... "I can only, asking your pardon, save my life and the boy's..."
_Silva pa dice, "Mi pote simpli akti libe pro bio de mi e de ju-an, tem dice petitio pro pardo."

Said the doctor... "Silver, if we both get alive out of this wolf-trap, I'll do my best to save you, short of perjury."
_U medika pa dice, "Silva, si bi na gene fugi, e tena bio pro se, mi fu akti per maxi boni minus falsi, tende libe tu."

And Dr. Livesey shook hands with me through the stockade, nodded to Silver, and set off at a brisk pace into the wood.
_Po-co u medika Livsi pa gene manu de mi per mura, dona kefa signi a Silva, e sti ki per tako ad-in dendro-fa.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Glosa 1000

Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Glosa 1000 Words with Explanations